Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dinner and Dessert

I found this recipe for Feta Chicken Breasts in an issue of my Family Circle magazine. It was so divine, and I can't wait to make it again sometime!!

Feta Chicken Breasts
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
6 thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 ounces each
wood toothpicks
1/2 tsp paprika
6 slices bacon
1. Heat oven to 325F. Place a rack in a large baking pan.
2. Drain and squeeze liquid from spinach. In a medium-size bowl, mix together spinach, feta, mayonnaise, and garlic.
3. In batches, place chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/8 inch thickness. Place about 1/3 cup of filling down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure each with 2 toothpicks.
4. Sprinkle with paprika. Wrap a slice of bacon around each piece of chicken and place on prepared rack.
5. Bake at 325F for 55 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature reads 106F on an instant-read thermometer. Run under the broiler for a minute or two, if desired.
Makes 6 servings
On a different night I had everything ready to make cherry pie, when I realized we tossed out my old pie plates a few weeks ago and hadn't bought new ones yet. So, I improvised and made mini cherry pies (tarts) in my muffin pan, and topped each with a dollop of whipped cream. Delicious!



No comments: